At Toolman Ltd., we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. In this Privacy Notice we will explain why we collect your personal data, how we use it and what we do to protect it. We will also explain your privacy rights and how you are protected by the law.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. Some or all of this information may also be collected when you make a purchase in-store. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We also collect your email address and phone number when you use our website contacts page, enter our online competitions via our website or social media or sign up for our mailing list.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (when in line with the preferences you have shared with us).
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. Specifically, we use:
- Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here:
- Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
- Mailchimp to send out emails -- you can read more about how Mailchimp uses your Personal Information here:
- BulkSMS to send out text messages -- you can read more about BulkSMS uses your Personal Information here:
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
As part of our commitment to the privacy and security of your data, we have put in place security measures and procedures to prevent loss of, or unauthorised access to, whether accidental or otherwise, your personal information.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any data breach, including notifying you and any applicable regulatory authorities in a prompt manner.
It should be noted that information transmitted via the Internet is not entirely secure. This is true of all Internet traffic and not specific to Toolman Ltd. Any transmission of data over the Internet is at your own risk. It is important for you to protect any passwords you use and to use best practices when choosing passwords. Also, you should always log out of any site you use and close your browser when you are finished with your device.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you order products from us), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post using the details provided below:
Toolman Ltd., Monument Cross, Newmarket on Fergus, Co. Clare, V95 FDV2, Ireland